Social media junkie,
It’s okay that I didn’t read your latest status. Really, it is. I’m not offended that you’ve written it…but don’t assume that I read it.
There’s so much information available today, I’m a bit overwhelmed. I’d love to say I have time to read everyone’s updates, but I don’t. And I think that’s okay. Even though you’re my friend. My good friend. Most of what you write I genuinely care about.
But it’s okay that I didn’t read your latest status update.
Because I didn’t read your latest status:
- I can be genuinely surprised about the news in your life next time I see you.
- We can have a conversation about the little things, and the big things, in your life.
- We can laugh together, until we cry, over something hilarious your kid just did.
- I can look you in the eye and tell you I appreciate you, rather than clicking “like” or ReTweeting your update.
- Not reading your update allowed me to be engaged in playing Legos with my son.
- Unless you’re going to offer me a bite of that burger, I don’t want to hear about it.
Keep posting on Facebook and Twitter. This is no indictment. Just don’t assume I, or anyone for that matter, read it all.