You’ve had a dream that flopped. An idea that didn’t get off the ground. A passion that didn’t come to fulfillment.
I know you have.
- You wanted to write a book.
- You wanted to go to work for a non-profit.
- You wanted to start a non-profit.
- You wanted to read through the Bible in a year.
- You wanted to pray every day.
- You wanted to save enough money to go on a mission trip.
- You wanted to audition for a part in a play.
- You wanted to open your own business.
- You wanted to start, and maintain, a blog.
- You wanted to launch a small group.
- You wanted to learn a new language.
You started the process. And somewhere along the way, it lost its cool factor. Someone challenged you. Someone laughed at you. Something didn’t go exactly as you thought it would go. Things grew difficult, and hairy, and life happened.
Dinner still had to be served. Bills still had to be paid. Deadlines still had to be met. And dreaming took a back seat.
So you stopped. You walked away. And your dream, your idea, and that thing that God called you to do is disappearing in your rear-view mirror.
You tried. Got embarrassed. Then walked away.
What does that look like, in real life? Boiled down to 7 seconds? Something like this.
This is my son, Rex. He was dancing in front of the mirror. Dancing like nobody’s watchin. Then he realizes that someone is watching, and gets embarrassed. Then walks away, glancing back as he goes.
It’s funny to watch, but kinda sad, too.
Who cares what other people think? Who cares if they laugh? Who cares if you fall flat on your face? Who cares if things don’t go exactly as you hoped they’d go?
If God’s called you to do something, do it. Ignore the haters. Ignore the cameras. Ignore the failed attempts.
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!” – Isaiah 6:8
What’s God calling you to do? Be brave. Share it with us.