When I go to conferences, I have a few things that are essential for me as I attend.
1. iPhone – I will take most of my notes on this. I use Evernote, which syncs with my computer automatically. That way, I can take notes, and have them stored, not having to worry about transferring them from my phone. And to keep everybody updated in real time, I use Hootsuite.
2. Backpack – With all of the S.W.A.G. (stuff we all get) at conferences, I don’t want to carry them in my hands. And a shoulder bag is just too cumbersome to navigate the crowds. A backpack is a must.
3. Laptop – I enjoy processing my thoughts out loud…which means that, to blog, I’ve got to have my computer.
4. Moleskine – Batteries don’t last forever. And sometimes, electronic devices open up too slowly. Enter the good ole fashioned pen and paper. And I’ve found nothing better than a Moleskine.
5. The Sharpie Pen – Gotta have something to write with.
What are your conference essentials?