(image by Natilee Dee)
As a way of validating their profession:
- Hair dressers have to have edgy hair
- Mechanics have to have a project car
- Farmers have to have Carhartts
- Teachers have to have an ugly sweater
- Used car salesmen have to have a mustache and too much cologne (just chuckle and move on…don’t be offended)
- Coffee baristas have to have a conspicuous piercing, tattoo, or both
- Hipsters have to have strange facial hair and an article of clothing that makes them look really old
- Musicians have to have a black t-shirt and skinny jeans
- Real musicians have to have a ‘favorite band’ that nobody has ever heard of
I’m a young pastor, and I’m trying to figure out what it is that we’re “supposed to have.”
What do you think?
Fill in the blank: If I see a guy with ___________, I know he’s a pastor.