I asked this recently on Twitter and Facebook, and got some great response.
Real men _____.
I broke my list into two categories. The things that real men do that we puff our chest out about. And the things that, I believe, make us great.
Real men (read these while grunting like a caveman)
- Drink their coffee black
- Drink their coffee so strong you have to eat it with a fork
- Hate cats and thinks they’re pointless.
- Work in the yard.
- Occasionally grow a mustache because they can.
- Hate ‘browsing’ at the mall. Shopping = getting what you need and leaving.
- Prefer charcoal to gas.
- Love tobasco on everything. Everything. And will drink it straight from the bottle if called upon.
- ‘If it is ‘bacon-wrapped,’ it’s better.’ – men
- Only cries while slicing onions.
- Can drive a stick shift.
- Yell at the tv when the ref gets the call wrong.
- Will eat a jalapeño whole if the moment calls for it.
- Never owns a juicer. (Or at least doesn’t admit it)
- Love a good steak. Medium-rare.
- Prefer their turkey deep fried.
- Prefer their potatoes deep fried.
- Prefer anything and everything fried.
- Never eat ribs with a fork.
- Never consider a salad a meal.
Real men (what makes a man great)
- Put others first
- Play with their children (wrestle with their boys. Play tea cups with their girls)
- Are present with their family
- Cherish their spouse
- Have deep relationships with other guys
- Worship God in their own way. (authenticity)
- Spend way more time with their wife and kids than they do playing video games.
- Ask for help when they need it.
- Leads their family spiritually.
- Takes steps of faith.
- Serves their community.
- Encourages others constantly.
- Admits they’re weak.
- Flee sin.
- Cry out to God.
- Realize they can’t do life alone.
- Admit when they mess up.
- Find ways to be generous with their expertise.
- Work hard at their job.
- Work hard to serve their family. (Not just at their job)
- Act silly with his children, looking foolish for a good laugh.
- Spoil their children with an extra donut when mom’s not looking.
- Watch a chick flick because he loves his wife.
- Goes shopping with his wife
Anything you’d add?