In fact, to date, I’ve written 347 blog posts.
Given that there are over 133 million blogs, and that 1 in 5 update their blog daily, it’s apparent that many, many people throughout the world like blogging as well. I’m guessing you’re one of them.
And I think I just might have an idea why.
10 Reasons Why Bloggers love Blogging
1. The immediacy of the feedback. Within 30 minutes, you can get Retweeted. Mentioned. Get a Facebook “like.” Facebook comments. Comments on your blog. Replies to comments on your blog…all of which immediately tell you whether your post was a success or a flop.
2. The quickness of publishing. Have an idea? Watch a video? A quote move you? Throw it up on the blog…right now. No need to wait on a publisher to review and edit. No need to wait on a webmaster to get back in front of their desk to push your post live. You can publish right now.
3. The freedom. Since it’s your blog, you can publish what you want, when you want, how often you want, with the consistency and length you want. You can include pictures, videos, and links…or not. Your choice.
4. The design. What you write can look cool on a page. That’s motivating.
5. The platform. Many of us don’t have the chance to communicate with mass numbers of people every week. Yet God has gifted us to do so. Blogs give us that chance.
6. Work out our thoughts publicly. Instead of sitting in your office and stewing over thoughts and ideas on your own, blogging gives you a chance to work those thoughts out loud. And I, for one, find great value in extroverting my ideas.
7. The interaction. Iron sharpens iron. I think somebody said that.
8. Global reach. Instead of just sharpening your iron in a conversation with one or two friends, blogs give you the chance to sharpen it with hundreds, or even thousands, of people around the world.
9. Sharing. So much of the value of social media is found in sharing ideas, insights, and wisdom with others. Successful bloggers give away more than they ever get.
10. The challenge. Blogging isn’t easy. Condensing the content. Focusing it. Consistently posting high quality content. It’s a challenge, but one that bloggers love.
Why do you love blogging? What did I miss?