I have found great benefit in social media. I’ve written about social networking HERE. Primarily, I use Twitter (you can follow me HERE) and Facebook (you can follow me HERE) when it comes to sharing short bits of information. Right now, though I find great benefit in both, I much prefer Twitter to Facebook. Why?
5 Reasons I prefer Twitter over Facebook:
1. It’s quicker. Facebook takes a lot of time. When you read a status update, especially one that you like, you feel the need to read all of the comments. Then you find a friend that you haven’t talked to in a while, and you click on their page. And find a status update…and the cycle continues. Facebook can quickly become a never-ending pit of time-wasting.
2. It’s more information-driven. I’m a “learner” (according to Strengths Finder), so I love gathering information. Twitter is a great tool to share news and ideas quickly and efficiently (especially because it’s limited to 140 characters).
3. There’s no Farmville. Or Mobster. Or Cafe World. Or Treasure Isle. I just can’t get myself excited about that stuff.
4. There’s no poking. I’ve been poked by somebody. Seriously. I just looked at my Facebook page. And I have no idea what that means, why they poked me, or what I should do in return.
5. With Twitter, you can reach well beyond your circle of friends. On Facebook, for us to interact, you have to accept my friend request before I can see anything that you’ve shared. Facebook seems to me to be designed for you to interact with people that you personally know. Twitter is built for interaction with a broader audience.
What about you? Do you prefer Twitter or Facebook?